March 2, 2007

Day three at the Willemsstraat (staff house). I have probably spent more time hanging out here than being out in the streets, which is fine with me! There are so many great people to hang out with- it reminds me of college. Lots of thee (tea) and Nutella toast!
I worked last night for the first time (training of course) and it was great! It reminded me so much of working at Peaberry and the great opportunities you have to serve people and interact with them. I am excited about it! I will have a lot of time to not work though, so I pray that God will lead me with what to do with my free time. It feels very different than any missions trip I’ve been on, which is so nice- this feels more like real life.
Overwhelming is the word I would use to describe life these three days. To know a miniscule amount of all that I need to know is, wow, hard for me. I need to have patience with myself.

well, that's about all that my brain will produce right now- more later

Here's my writing address for my wonderful snail-mail friends:

Willemsstraat #33
1015 HW Amsterdam
The Netherlands

3 comments:

Jason said...

Anna, thanks for sharing. How are the sunrises? Anything like those here in Colorado Springs? What about the spiritual atmosphere? Anything you sense right off the bat?

Unknown said...

Hoorah! So glad to hear that you are doing well. I miss you. You're in my prayers! Did you bring a camera to take pictures?

love love

JK said...

Anna,
Have fun on your adventures. I've been praying for you.