February 28, 2007

My First Day

When you land in Amsterdam, the pilot says "Flight attendants, prepare for landing," and you don't see land for another 10 whole minutes! You stare at the white-cap waves and think to yourself, "Are we landing in the water??"
I saw amazing clouds and light today as the sun rose and we passed over England.
I saw amazing white, cloudy light from the three picture windows of my room in the staff house.
There is a dentist's office in the building directly across.
There is a Chinese Indian (?) restaurant across and below.
My roommate is amazing! Her name is Francien (Francine) and apart from getting lost in this amazing new place, meeting her was the best part of my first day!

the dew of sleep that has been longing to fall and rest lays heavy on my eyes after endless travel now has it's way and must come to it's still and quiet slumber

more later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're in Amsterdam!!! I'm glad that you found your way back to the house today. I wanted to call you today and then I remembered you are in a different country... about that...
I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!
-Yukon Sally